Wednesday, February 28, 2007

House of Boxes

Well the latest on the move situation is that we, the wife mostly, have started to get extra stuff boxed up or in some cases things I’m gonna want in the next few months but will have to live without! We’ve got the majority of our DVD’s and CD’s packed away. The wife has packed up the extra towels, bedding, clothes and such. Her and the MIL have gone through our garage sale items, that will be going into a friends garage sale, and Goodwill items. So now we have boxes stacked in the garage and closets. It seems really weird to see all that stuff in boxes and then stacked up.

On my front I started with my closet and got that emptied and most of it put into a box or at least in an grouped area for figuring out how I’ll pack it. I have board games that are big to fit in most moving boxes as they are too long. My biggest concern there is damaging them or them coming open during the move. I have a few miniatures that I’m not sure how best to pack. I have a bunch of them that are a plastic of some type I think so those should be ok. However, the metal figures I’m gonna probably have to individually wrap or it might work by taping two pieces of foam together between two boards or something. Oh well the fun of discovery. After those items I need to get my bookshelves mostly emptied so I need to pack all my books. I have both paperback and hardcover books not to mention my collection of Role Playing Games (RPG) material. I really want to pack the hardback books well so as to not ruin the covers or the books themselves. I also want to make sure I pack my paperbacks in such a way I don’t get bent up covers or pages. But probably the biggest thing to deal with is all my collectable card game (CCG) cards I have. I have a ton of Magic: The Gathering, Wheel of Time, Star Trek, Star Wars, Netrunner etc.. I’m not sure if I should pack all of them for the move or look at unloading some of them via Ebay or a local store. Big question is do I keep them in the cardboard card boxes they are in or do I find something else that will keep them dry in case the box they go in gets wet? I also have a collection of comics and graphic novels that I need to get some covers and backings for. Next time I head over to the comic shop I’ll look for something. I think outside of that I just will have some statuettes and other knickknacks around the room to pack.

Well once that’s finished then we’ll be real close to getting the house on the market for sale. We’ll need to get the house cleaned like never before and to get the outside painted. We’ve got some quotes for painting the house so hopefully we get that all setup to go in the next few weeks.

Keep tuned as there will be more updates to come I’m sure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, living in a box ... or out of a box ... They ought to make a song about this. Welcome to my world! At least you won't have to run into the garage every other time you make din-din to pick up a utensil or a pot. You may be able to abstain from gaming and the likes of what you listed here, BUT you can not abstain from eating (at home) for a half a year. So, my heart goes out to you, B!

Sad Kong