Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Comic Convention

Well this weekend I attended my first Comic Convention with my friends Bar, his wife and Mr. Green. It was a fun experience but a bit overwhelming when looking for a specific set of items in all that mess. I went to this convention looking for the comic series based on my favorite author's, Raymond E. Feist, book Magician: Apprentice. Most booths were very helpful in letting me know they did not have what I was looking for (Heh-heh *Nelson Muntz voice*). But only one booth was so kind as to say while they didn't have any there that they did have some back at their shop and might even have all the issues I was looking for. Thank you Karen's Comics for actually being helpful and having great employees. Luckily I checked this booth out right before we left the convention and actually found a couple of items to purchase there. So I'll be giving them a call this week to see if they have all the issues I'm looking for. Even if they don't have what they thought they did I will still visit them for the helpfulness they gave.

Also, at this convention the Dark Side Troopers were there and we got a group photo taken. Unfortunately they have not posted our picture on their website for us to download yet otherwise I'd show it to you (Update: 3/4/2007 we scanned the picture in via our printer see here). Bar and I got to stand next to the big guy himself, Chewbacca!!! Nice suit by the way man!! Many of the other suits were very sweet. I wish I was talented enough to even think of trying to make a Star Wars suit myself.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What--no Bar Wars photo yet ? Come on B!

Kaboda said...

I have e-mailed the Dark Side Troopers to inquire about the missing photo. As soon as I hear more information I'll post the picture.