Thursday, August 30, 2007

Long Tiring Weekend and Begining of Week....Now off to BarCon

Well the weekend was a bit tiring and a bit of an ass kicker!! The movers showed up on Saturday and we got stuff moved in. Lucky for them we wanted our boxes in the Garage as we weren't sure where things should go and also figured it would make it faster for the movers. Ugh it was a long day. I helped out and seems like I might have moved quite a bit of the stuff myself. The Driver said I was a natural!! LOL!! Yeah years of hauling Hay for my Papa (Grandfather) I know how to pile stuff up and move it efficiently. As Papa always said "Work smarter not harder." Well it was a nice warm day and I got a little bit of red on my neck, nose, arms and legs. Not too bad as it doesn't really itch but my neck was probably the worst.

Over the next few days I unboxed the boxes we had them move into the house. Then got to work on the boxes in the Garage. That was a slow process and after awhile I felt like I was getting nowhere and that our Garage would never have room for the coches. So I decided to just concentrate on getting the boxes that needed to be inside the house close to where they should be based on the description on the box. Well finished that today(er make that yesterday, Wednesday, it's after mid-night now) around noon. Then got to work on starting to unpack what I could before the wife get's home. Ugh another story there she was supposed to land around 9pm but she landed just a short while ago. D'oh! Well I didn't get as much done as I was hoping but I'm so tired I know I did a lot of work. Moving into a 3 story townhouse is a good way to get into shape. I felt like I sweated away 20 pounds over the last 5 days. Yeah probably not really but it feels like it.

Well I'm off to BarCon, an annual event one of my best friends throws at his house for gaming over Labor Day Weekend. It's a complete blast!! I'm staying an extra few days to meet up with friends I won't see and haven't seen since we left.

Well report more when I get back.

2 comments:

Ms Eva said...

Hello B!
Good to see you here at BarCon. It is certainly a blast and getting easier as my kiddos get older. :)

Anonymous said...

Good to see B! in the flesh as they say. It's going to be harder and harder to do that now ... especially the visits "on a whim." We'll now see B! on the realms more often and make it count :). -- Kong