Thursday, March 8, 2007

A Sad and Happy Day

Well for the sad news first! The Orange just couldn’t recover late in the second half in their game against the Golden Domes of Notre Dame! Ah they were up at half and were keeping ahead during the beginning of the second half. Then the brief meltdown where they couldn’t do anything right and went down 9. They kept it within striking distance all the way through and ended up losing by 6. Well hopefully on Sunday they’re name will be called for the Dance.

As for the good news the Ducks took care of Arizona in dominating form! Holy cow I thought this would be like the two regular season games with a down to the wire finish. Just like the last game at the Pit we got a good size lead but this time instead of wilting we pushed it to a 20+ point lead. In the back of my mind though I still had doubts and they were almost founded as Zona brought it back to 14 again. But the Ducks settled down and played efficient down the stretch to keep the lead. Next up the winner of the UCLA/Cal game. I want UCLA as it would be nice to have another shot at them as a measuring stick.

Luckily the games were both going on during lunch and were even on the TV where I was having lunch. So I got to see about an hour of both games before heading back to work. I was able to keep up on the ‘Cuse game via ESPN.com and got the Duck game on the radio.

So I’m sitting here fingers crossed the ‘Cuse gets into the Dance and I’m hoping Oregon wins the PAC-10 tournament to get some hug momentum going into the Dance.

No comments: