Monday, September 29, 2008

Fun Education

Well the San Ramon Rec Guide showed up and after looking through all their offerings I found quite a number of online classes that looked interesting. So I decided to take one to see how they are.

So you are no reading about a new student in the 6 week class "Introduction to the Game Industry". Week 2 just finished up and so far it's interesting. The teacher is a person who's worked for a number of companys in the industry and has written some well received books on the subject.

One of the reasons I chose to take this class first is when I do head back to the working world one of my listed options right now is working for a game company. So I'm learning more about that industry to see if it's something I want to pursue or not.

Some other classes I'm looking at from this online learning are: discover digital photography, introduction to java programming (I'm currently teaching myself this computer language) and writeriffic:creativity training for writers. There is a new one that I just noticed called "Ready Set Read!" a course by a long time teacher with a degree in Child Development. In this class you learn about how children really learn to read and write. Sounds like something a new parent should at least look into right?

Well as I take more classes I'll keep you posted. Now back to learning!

No comments: