Monday, March 3, 2008

Weekend Getaway to Whistler

In January the Wife and I went on a nice Weekend Getaway to Whistler, BC. This was our last big Excursion before the baby comes, well other then the Baby Shower in Portland, OR. We flew up to Vancouver, BC on the 25th and took a bus up to the Delta Whistler Village Suites. The bus trip was a great way to get up there. No rental car to worry about driving in the snow conditions. You could just sit back and relax for the 2-3 hours it takes letting someone else who does it on a regular basis deal with the road conditions.

We spent the next couple of days doing some shopping, eating and I even got in some runs down the mountain. Boy was I out of shape so wasn't able to get much in. The first day I got in one nice long run but was so worn out by it I was done. The second day I got in the same run and felt like I could have done it a couple more times but with the Wife being alone felt I should get back and do some stuff with her instead. I've got to get in shape so I can do more snowboarding then this.

We flew back home on Monday. The whole trip was quite refreshing and relaxing. Nice to just get away. This will have to serve us until our next trip. For right now that isn't until Thanksgiving week when we'll be off to Maui to try and attend the Maui Invitational with some good friends and their family from back east. The Ducks and Tar Heels will be attending so it should be great as I'm a Duck along with a friends wife and everyone else will be pulling for the Tar Heels as that's where the family is from.

Some Pictures from the trip:


Me in the Gondola Ready to hit the slopes


View from our room's patio
(Mountain in picture is Blackcomb)


The Winter Olympics will take place in Vancouver, BC but some events will be held at the Whistler/Blackcomb area.


Our third trip to Whistler happened to be the most snow we had seen before. This is a picture in the Village.

No comments: